Monday, June 9, 2014

Review: Take Me On (Pushing the Limits # 4)

My Rating: ★★★★☆

I have been impatiently waiting for this book ever since I finished reading the third book in the Pushing the Limits series, Crash Into You. I have to admit that I wasn't really interested in West's character in Crash Into You and I really thought that he was annoying. But when I heard he will have his own book I knew that I had to give it a try because I read all of Katie's McGarry work so far and I wanted to keep up with it.

Take Me On is the fourth book in the series and it tells the story of the infamous rich boy West Young and professional kick boxer Haley Williams. The story is a very sweet romance just like you can expect from Katie McGarry's novels (and novellas, mind you). West is an eighteen years old troublemaker while Haley is a seventeen years old nice girl who has a complicated life of her own. The two of them will therefor make an incredible pair. 

West and Haley meet by accident in an almost accident. West almost hits Haley with his car and that's when the spark between them ignites. What follows is, as you imagine, a complicated friendship-to-relationship. After West gets kicked out of his home, he goes to Haley's school and when they meet again they just can't stay apart. The fight they got in the night of their first meeting obviously gets them into trouble and while Haley is desperately trying to keep West away from the repercussions, West makes it his mission to help Haley.

You can expect to hear a little about Isaiah and Rachel from Crash Into You in this book as well, seeing as how Rachel is West's little sister. Another character that we all started loving and makes an appearance and impact in this book is troubled drug dealer Abby. We also get to meet another very interesting character, Haley's cousin, Jax. So we get a not-so-mushy romance but a very good one and some extra characters that most of us are now interested in. Maybe Katie McGarry will write a story for Abby and one for Jax too now. Fingers crossed!

Overall, I thought Take Me On was a nice book and while I didn't like it as much as the first three books in the series, I think it was very good! I really liked Haley and West turned out not to be the jerk we all thought he was in Crash Into You. Needless to say, Katie McGarry did it again! Here I am hoping for Abby's book after Breaking The Rules (Echo&Noah #2) but I am left with one question: what am I going to read while waiting for the next book in the series?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am interested in your offer. I mostly read and review science-fiction, fantasy, dystopia or romance novels. I post my reviews on www.goodreads.com and here, on my blog. Thank you for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love Katie McGarry's writing and can't wait to get my hands on this book.

    Love your blog. New follower via bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elle! Glad you like my blog, it means the world to me! I know, I love Katie McGarry's novels as well. This one is pretty amazing too!

      Delete