Monday, February 2, 2015

Review: Breaking the Rules

My Rating: ★★★★☆

     I've been a huge fan of all Katie McGarry's books, they have a special place in my heart. I read all of them and fell in love with the characters. I lived with them, cried and laughed with them, but mostly of all, I loved with them. So naturally, I was extremely excited when I heard that Echo and Noah will have a second book.

     Breaking the Rules is really sweet. Echo and Noah are back, and they're stronger and more mature. I think it is important to note that their evolution was notable from the beginning, given the fact that at times I felt like I was reading about two whole different characters. Sometimes I barely recognized them, but most often than not I was still reading about Echo and Noah.

     I think that this book is emotionally a bigger and heavier experience thanPushing the Limits. I also think that I preferred the first book over this, but still, I loved this one nonetheless. It was a bit frustrating at times, I have to admit. 

     Sometimes, Echo and Noah would just start fighting over such small, unimportant things that it made me realize how emotionally charged they both were. Noah, I think, was practically just waiting for Echo to realize that he was scum, making bad choices every now and then just to give her reasons to leave him.

     Echo, however, was an amazing character all the way. She stood up for herself, but she also tolerated Noah's little outbursts like a pro, like few girlfriends could probably tolerate from their boyfriends. She proved that she has grown immensely as a character and I thought that the author wrote her character with extreme care.

      Surely enough, there were ups and downs throughout the whole book, which took place entirely on a road trip. I also really liked the little part where Isaiah and Beth joined the story and the whole crew was back together. However, unlike previous books, this book was entirely Echo and Noah's. I thought that it was really nice. A sweet and romantic read, I recommend this book to all of those who have read the previous books!

No comments:

Post a Comment