Friday, November 14, 2014

My Top Three: To-Read Romance Novels

I have so many ideas for posts under the "My Top Three" category that I can't write just yet, because I am saving them for a better moment. For example, I can't exactly make a Top Three Favorite Books of 2014 (hint, hint) because I might come across a favorite book throughout the next two months. Does that make sense? I hope so.

However, there are other types of posts I can write before the end of this awesome year. While I was browsing through my to-read list on Goodreads, I came across so many books that I've been meaning to read for so long but still haven't gotten across to it. So, I had an interesting idea and that is how I came to write this post.

Here are the top three romance novels I have on my to-read list:



Ruin (Ruin # 1) by Rachel Van Dyken 

"I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own." 

              My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick 



""One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.
As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another."


More Than This (More #1) by Jay McLean

"*Mikayla*In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.
*Jake*One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.
*This is our story of a maybe ever after.*
He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years. I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.I couldn’t even predict it. It was one night.One night when everything changed.It was so much more than just the betrayal.It was the Tragedy. The Deaths. The Murders.But it was also that feeling.The feeling of falling."


So these are my Top Three to-read romances and as soon as I get a chance to read them, I will. However, there are still many other books that are at the top of my to-read list and most of those books are dystopias, which I will always prefer over any other kind of book. But! More books on my top to-read list mean most My Top Three posts, so expect many other this kind of posts because there's still a lot to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment