Monday, September 8, 2014

Review: Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness # 4)

My Rating: ★★★☆☆

     Brightest Kind of Darkness is one of the first books of the genre that I have read and I loved it so much that I was extremely curious to continue reading the sequels. It shortly became one of my favorite series. Nara is one of my favorite protagonists of all time so I like reading and experiencing her story. When I finished reading Destiny, I thought to myself what kind of a cliffhanger is that? And it was an epic one, at least from my point of view. And so I was very excited to hear that a fourth book, namely Desire will be released.

     However, my excitement quickly faded. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy this book as soon as it came out and that resulted in me postponing it endlessly. Finally, about a month ago I got my hands on it and I was really happy to get back to the story. But by that point, I was missing a few details and the hype of finding out what happens next. 

     In the fourth book in this series, Nara and Ethan are finally together in the long run. We get to see them live their lives as normally as they can and we get them see to spend pretty much all of their time together. And while that is awesome, because I love Nara and I love Ethan and I love Nara and Ethan, that's pretty much all that happens in this book. There is no real conflict, not much drama and certainly not a lot of action. Sure, there are a couple of demons making their life hard every now and then but nothing too serious.

     I guess that the author wanted to show us a glimpse of Nara and Ethan's romance, since all the previous books have had bigger conflicts and a lot more action and now she wanted us to see them spend their lives together. But because of that, the book felt pretty boring to me. I am really sad to say this because I really was expecting a lot more from this book. I kept reading it and telling myself surely something will happen in the next chapter but, unfortunately, I kept getting disappointed with each chapter. 

     However, I have to say that I did like Nara and Ethan getting closer and their relationship growing stronger. And while I did find the majority of the book pretty boring, I did think that the ending was awesome. When I finished Destiny I thought that was the mother of cliffhangers but I was wrong. Thiswas the mother of all cliffhangers. And so, because this book was a major disappointment for me, I lost much of my interest in this series. However, I am planning to read the final book when it comes out, just because I love Nara and I want to see how her story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment