Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Top 3: Best & Worst Book to Movie Adaptations

Hey, guys! In the past few years, the YA genre seems to have grown more and more, not only with hundreds of books published every year but also with movie adaptations of the most successful ones. So, franchises such like Harry Potter, Twilight or The Hunger Games have been so popular and so well received that movie producers started getting more interested in bringing those stories to the big screens - and they did! 

Now, every year, there are more YA books turned to movies and whether the critics love them or not, the fan bases of the books are always excited to see the stories they loved so much come to life in cinemas. However, some movie adaptations are amazing while others are not. Some movies stick closely to the books while others tend to tell a very different stories. I decided to make my top three best and worst movie adaptations - these are the ones I liked and the ones I didn't, so if any of you liked a movie that I did not, that's alright. I'm not looking to change your minds, I'm simply listing my likes and dislikes.



Top Three: Best Book to Movie Adaptations



1. The Fault in Our Stars
2. Divergent
3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire



Top Three: Worst Book to Movie Adaptations




1. Beautiful Creatures
2. Ender's Game
3. Vampire Academy


And that's all, at least for now. I'm sure these will change once there will be more YA adaptations made, but at the moment, these are the ones that I liked and disliked most. Anyway, these are my preferences. If you guys have read the books or seen the movies, you can go ahead and let me know what you thought of them. Also, if you have different likes and dislikes, feel free to share them with me via comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment